Looking for a dish to serve to your family this holiday season? You might want to try serving “swineapple” for a change.
Swineapple was created by Josh Bush of Texas. As soon as he shared a photo of the meat fest on the Internet, hundreds of people have tried to copy it. If you wish to recreate the swineapple yourself, make sure to follow the easy steps below.
Another alternative to the swineapple is pineapple mozzarella rings. Check out the simple recipe below.
4 pieces of sliced pineapple rings
12 slices of bacon
2 large pieces of sweet yellow onion, cut into 1/3 inch rings
4 mozzarella string cheese sticks
1 pinch of your favorite barbecue rub
2 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce
1. Cut yellow onion into 1/3 inch rings. Make sure to match onion rings to the pineapple slices.
2. It is preferred to use sliced pineapples, so make sure to drain the juice and set the slices aside.
3. Slice the mozzarella string in half, then put half of it in the onion ring and the other half to fill in the remaining gap.
4. Place the mozzarella-lined onion ring on top of the pineapple and wrap it with bacon slices. Use as many slices of bacon to wrap the ring until everything is in place.
5. Once wrapped, sprinkle the rings with your favorite barbecue seasoning.
6. Cook indirectly at 400°F for 30 minutes.
7. Let it cool down for a few minutes before serving. Serve with dipping sauce.